Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Breaking all the rules

I walked away from blogging over a year ago due to a few things...burnout, contests, and RL obligations.  The latter which took me out of SL for nearly a year before I returned this past Spring.  I've spent the last few months DJing, taking photos, putting them on flickr and building my followers there. And I must say I've enjoyed it.
The Mesh Revolution in Second Life has brought a whole new sense of realism to how we can display our avatars.  Fitted mesh means we don't have to resize our bodes to fit into clothing properly.  Curves can now be embraced.  It's no longer a necessity that we all be 15 ft tall and weigh 95 lbs.  

When you stop following the rules and play by your own, it can be immensely satisfying.  For years, I thought that to belong to the fashion community, you had to follow their rules.  Rules that would dictate how you looked, what type of photos you shot, and what you were allowed to display in regard to your own avatar.



I think in some ways, things are changing.  There is more of an open dialogue now to different viewpoints and opinions.  There are people who are standing in their own truth and doing what makes them happy.  Models now come in all shapes and sizes.  There are multiple modeling contests now and it's not just one or two voices speaking for the fashion community as a whole.  In my opinion, it's a wonderful revolution.

Nude modeling for a long time was frowned upon, but with more and more people stepping up and speaking out, it's becoming more acceptable.  


So where do I fit in now?  I'm not sure.  I plan to tentatively start blogging again.  Maybe not every day, or even every week...but I miss sharing my voice and my styling and my aesthetic with people who are kind enough to take a look.

So here it is...my first post in forever!




Featured in First Photo:
Head: Catwa  (Also in Second and Third Photo)
Skin: L'etre    (Also in Second and Third Photo)
Hair: Lelutka (Also in Second Photo) -Sage

Featured in Second Photo:
Body: Maitreya

Featured in Third Photo:

Dress:  *Just Because* - Daria Gown (Black)
Hair: Catwa - Silky
















2 comments: