Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Years Resolutions and Radar Spring Castings!

My 2014 New Year's Resolution was to stop second guessing myself and just go for things that make me happy.  I have let my terrible shyness and self doubt stop me from going for an exciting career in fashion in Second Life.  But no more of that!  I'm going to just put myself out there and do it...and if I fail, I'll fail knowing that I at least gave it my all.

That being said, I decided to take part in Radar SL Magazine's Spring Model casting and submitted 3 looks that matched 3 assigned genres.  The genres were Street Chic, Avante Garde, and Minimalist. My personal style and aesthetic in SL has always been minimal.  When I try to go Avante Garde, I feel I fail miserably. I like simple lines, classic draping, and understated elegance.

But I decided to give each of these styles a go and here is what I've come up with. I squealed with excitement when I found I made it to round 2!  If I don't make it any further than that, it's okay.  I am learning that "going for something" does not always mean succeeding at it.  It's all about the process...and I'm becoming more and more excited by it.

Now as far as styling these looks, I got a bit lucky.  I love Collabor88 and thanks to the amazing theme this month, I was able to put together the following looks.  See below each photo for my style notes.



Avante Garde Look
Dress :  Junbug - Via Collabor88 - Instant Crush in Night
Collar and Pearl Necklace - Maitreya via Collabor88 - Vintage Collar and Pearls
Headpiece - Miamai Black Label -Titania in Black






Minimalist Look
Dress - Color Me H.O.F. via Collabor88- Victoria dress - Grey
Hair - Lelutka - Inverted (Black)





Street Chic Look
Boots/Pants - LeeZu!  - Helena High Heeled Pants - Cream
Top - LeeZu! - Mia Corset Pants - Corset Dress - White
Hair - Likeli - Black Curly Fro 
Glasses - Ladies Who Lunch - Diva Glasses - White





No comments:

Post a Comment