Saturday, January 25, 2014

Simple Elegance

I have to say that this month's collabor88 has been my favorite in a very long time.  There's something about the theme, "Raw Nostalgia" that is just pure magic this month.  The decadence of yesteryear, the glamour of pearls, the clean lines, the soft draping...I could go on and on....but in one word, it's perfection.

I had an excuse to wear one of my finds today.  I made it to round 2 of RadarSL Magazine's Spring Casting and I needed to wear something that defined my personal style.  I'm a minimalist at heart.  I like basic, simple, and understated elegance.  I'm not one for a lot of "froo froo" or over-styling.  I want people to see me when they see me, and not be bogged down by layers of clothes, jewels, and other accessories.  Don't get me wrong.  All of that has it's place.  But the heart of who I am when it comes to fashion is just simple and elegant.


For me, this dress was absolute love at first sight.  It's just so stunning.  The design is by House of Fox and I chose it in a rich plum shade, called Oxblood.  There are not a lot of "bells and whistles" to this gown and I think that's why I love it. The way the material gathers at the waist, above a sexy thigh high slit...gives me goosebumps.   In case you can't tell, I'm super duper in love with this dress!  I would put this on any RL starlet on the red carpet this awards season, and they would be a best dressed nominee for sure.

It really can speak for itself and does not need any accessories, but I did choose a necklace to accompany my look.  A statement piece from Paper Couture.

For my interview, I wore a short pixie cut, but for my blog post, I wanted to vamp up my look so I chose an old favorite of mine.  A big curly hairstyle from Likeli.  I also did a dark lip in plum from Pink Fuel and a sexy smokey eye from Nuuna's Skins. I love my SLink hands and feet and the nail color is from the basic SLink nail HUD.


Style Card:
Dress:  House of Fox - Collabor88
Necklace: Paper Couture
Hair: Likeli
Hands and Feet and Shoes:  SLink
Lipstick: Pink Fuel
Eyeliner: Nuuna's Skins (Part of Kati Skin Set) (Skin not shown in photos)



No comments:

Post a Comment